zaterdag 19 februari 2011

The best of week 7: February 14 – February 20

These are my favorite blogsposts of the last week. Check them out, and follow these superb writers!

Ye olde dungeons
Always amazing to see drawings from the old box. Makes me want to get out my old aD&D notes to see what treasures I have lurking in the box. Maybe stuff for some later blogposts.
Link



Which RPG suits me
Strategy games has a nice decision tree to choose the RPG that will best suit you. I had a fun time playing around with the different answers, finding some RPGs I have never heard of before.
Link

A rant on skills:
Robert J. Swalb discusses some caveats you should consider when using skills. Skills can misguide discussion and hamper the playing experience if you're doing it wrong. I generally agree with the backdraws that he is describing. His solution: Do away with skills. My solution: Don't do it wrong.
Link

Terrain, baby:
If you are playing with miniatures, and you want the best looking terrain you have ever seen, look at the following links. Simply amazing.
Link 1
Link 2



Music:
These last few weeks, several bloggers and forums have addressed the question of ideal campaign music. Of course, we have our Traveller D66 list from Murphy's Bar & Grill on our local space station.
Link

Free Oldscool RPG
I love oldscool RPGs and retroclones. Stargazers World links to Oldschool hack, a free oldschool RPG that has a splendid presentation. Looks really neat. I'm looking forward to reading it.
Link

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten